Latest DJI Drone Reviews and Buying Guides in 2022
No matter in the scorching sun of San Francisco, the rain and fog in London, the Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia, or even the Arctic Circle.Drones have not only witnessed the progress of science and technology, but more importantly, they have brought revolutionary changes to photography. In a sense, drones are the greatest invention of photographic equipment in the 21st century.
As the world’s largest manufacturer of UAV equipment research and development and production, DJI has developed different series and positioning products,We can find 6 series on DJI’s Amazon website, priced from $299 to $999, and there are many models, as well as various complex parameters and tables.
In today’s society when tech products are full of our lives, our lives are already full of devices with cameras such as mobile phones, computers, iPads, door locks and even the control center of the home,photography has become a democratization event and an extremely important function for people to use smart devices.DJI devices also use to take photo so they just play an role like a flying camera. Civilian drones have been widely used in many fields and appear more and more frequently in our lives,this is due to the advancement of drone technology.
One of the major application scenario is industrial-grade drones for industrial production. It has been applied to various scenarios such as pesticide spraying, atmospheric monitoring, disaster rescue, and border inspection.
In terms of aerial performances, entertainment, commercial needs,also the main reasons to buy drone equipment.Drones can be used to shoot exquisite aerial footage, as a life entertainment photography function, and can also be used by commercial companies and self-media practitioners as a productivity tool.Therefore, we need to consider our own needs before purchasing a drone.
Released time: May 10, 2022–DJI Mini 3 Pro.
This newest device is so mini,but so pro. In some respects, such a drone with a weight of only 249g that is similar to a mobile phone can compete with the Mavic 3, DJI’s current top consumer drone?It’s truly an unbilievable device.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro weighs 249 grams, which is very light. But DJI managed to install a larger sensor than most smartphones, which can detect obstacles around it. Unlike the DJI Mavic Mini 2, it offers 4K with 60fps and 120fps slow motion, as well as most of the AI features on DJI Mavic 3, such as ActiveTrack, QuickShots, and MasterShot.
How about DJI Mini 3 Pro’s battery life？
DJI has designed a total of two types of batteries for the Mini 3 Pro this time. The standard smart battery can last up to 34 minutes; if you replace it with a long-life smart battery, it can last up to 47 minutes.
- Equipped with intelligent follow-up and advanced flight assistance systems based on APAS4.0 that are only available in the professional series.
- Master Shot - Automatically shoot multiple short clips with professional lens movement levels according to the scene and automatically edit them into a film.
- Portrait mode with lossless image quality.
- The tilt angle has been increased to 60° from the previous 15°.
- The new 1/1.3-inch sensor has a photosensitive pixel size of 2.4 μm, supports dual native ISO, and has the largest f/1.7 aperture among DJI consumer drones.
- 4K HDR video,4K/60fps video,48MP RAW photos.
- Optional remote control with screen.
- Equipped with more obstacle avoidance sensors ,more advanced obstacle avoidance functions.
The DJI FPV series, the Inspire series, and the long-unupdated Phantom series for professional users. Ordinary consumers generally buy in the three series of DJI Mini, DJI Air and DJI Mavic.
DJI Mavic 3 supports omnidirectional binocular vision system, and there is an infrared sensor at the bottom of the fuselage, which minimizes the possibility of machine damage.
DJI Mavic 3 has strong professional attributes and the price is also the flagship. It is suitable for those friends who can use drones to make money, or have some flying skills.
- Bigger battery, 46 minutes of battery life
- Algorithm optimization of return home system
- The end of the propeller is all made of rubber with a round head
- The new aerodynamic design, the wind resistance has been improved to the sixth level
- The detection range of the front-view camera has been increased to 200 meters
- Omnidirectional binocular obstacle avoidance
- Mavic 3 support 10bitD-log and HLG format
- 5.1K50FPS video,4/3"CMOS wide camera and 1/2"CMOS telephoto lens
- Adcanced Pro and Zoom lens
Positioned in the Mavic series as a mid-range drone, the camera has 48 million pixels, image transmission distance of more than 10Km, endurance time of 34 minutes, can shoot HDR images, video, support 4K/60fps video shooting, and a full set of smart mode.
The Mavic Air 2 is 180mm long, 97mm wide, and 84mm high when folded, and it weighs 570g, which is very convenient to carry. You can put it directly in your bag when you go out every day. For photographers, the biggest difficulty every time shooting outside is to carry a bunch of equipment to travel through mountains and rivers. The small and lightweight shape of the Mavic Air 2 is worth a wave, and it really saves the user’s physical strength.
Lightweight and portable, it has a 34-minute battery life: On the left and right sides of the Mavic Air 2, there is an SD card slot and a Typc.
C interface respectively, which supports expansion of storage and the captured image material can be directly connected to the computer with a data cable and then exported.
The bottom of the Mavic Air 2 is equipped with a fill light to ensure safe landing in low light environments.There are binocular cameras for obstacle avoidance at the front, bottom and rear, so you only need to be careful about the obstacles on the left and right sides of the Mavic Air 2 every time you fly. The rear side of the bottom is an infrared height-fixing module.
Well-designed remote control, good holding experience with both hands.
Get started quickly without complicated settings: Install the accessories according to the paper instructions, and you can control them through the joystick after downloading the APP on the mobile phone. With the Mavic Air 2’s excellent wind resistance, proven software adaptation and obstacle avoidance, every takeoff is smooth.
A drone that offers HDR technology for photos, videos and panoramas at the same time.
If you’re an entry-level user, there aren’t many professional needs! Then the DJI Mini 2 is a good choice for a very cost-effective.Even though Product Mini 2 was released more than two years before Product Mini 3, it’s still pretty solid today.
The sensor of the mini2 is a bit small (1/2.3 inch), so there will be a lot of noise in low light, which is not suitable for shooting night scenes. Compared with the first-generation products, DJI Mini 2 has been upgraded to a large extent. Not only has the highest video shooting specification been raised to 4K 30p (the first generation was 2.7K 30p), the lens supports 4x zoom, and it also has a photo enhancement mode that brings better imaging results.
The DJI Mini 2 is equipped with the same Ocusync 2.0 image transmission system as the Mavic Air 2, with a maximum distance of 10 kilometers. The battery life has also been improved to 31 minutes, which is further improved than the first generation, which is hard-won.
The motor of DJI Mini 2 has also been improved, and it can reach level 5 wind resistance, and the maximum take-off altitude is 4000 meters, so it can be suitable for aerial photography in more demanding environments.
- Extremely small, extremely portable-249g
- 31 minutes battery life
- Three-axis stabilized gimbal structure
- TOP-level Ocusync 2.0 image transmission technology
- 4K video,RAW photo format
- Wind resistance is level 5,also supports
- Maximum take-off altitude of 4000 meters
- Mobile phone fast transfer mode, fast transfer material
Although it is currently the most comprehensive and best-experienced consumer drone, the Mavic 3 is not for everyone. Professional users needless to say, in the case that the wizard is still not updated, it is your first choice, even if it is usually used as a walker, it has good results.
If you want to play with the whole plane, it is good to choose Mini 3 Pro. The flying experience is not bad at all. The camera is enough for daily use. If you really want to feel the flagship, renting one for a few days will not cost you hundreds of dollars.
DJI Flight Guide
- Do not fly the drone under the influence of alcoholic beverages, anesthetics or other drugs;
- Check the local no-fly area before flying;
- Insure the ground third party liability insurance for the drone;
- Minors are not allowed to operate the drone alone;
- The use of drones for commercial activities requires a business license;
- Away from airports, national borders, border lines, military administrative areas, party and government organs at or above the city level (inclusive) divided into districts, supervision sites, power plants, substations, gas stations and large stations, wharfs, ports, large-scale event sites, Sensitive facilities and institutions such as high-speed railways, ordinary railways, and highways above the provincial level.
Q: Do DJI drones need to be certified?
A: UAVs with an empty load greater than 7kg are required to fly with a certificate, and other models are not yet specified. UAVs with an empty load of less than 7kg can be registered directly on the civil aviation website without a certificate (DJI Mini does not need to be registered)
After reading it, I don’t know if it will help you to buy drones, but I sincerely recommend that you carefully consider whether you love photography, travel, and record daily life before making a purchase decision, and you can accept the high flight costs. If these are not problems, then you are welcome to join the camp of drone enthusiasts.